Quickly, grab onto my Brococli and let's go on a magical adventure!

Congratulations on finding your new home with Brococli Mode. Most of the content here is locked behind registration. But have no fear, you can sign up/in using your Discord and Steam accounts!

Rise of the melons: Event info (subject to change)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

When should we have the event?

• Saturday, March 29th at 8PM GMT

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Saturday, March 29th at 7PM GMT

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Friday, March 28th at 7pm GMT

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have another suggestion (post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Hi there everyone!

I'm sure most of you already know what ROTM is and that we've had the event twice in the past (once a few years back and once a few months ago). Now its time to host the event once again; better than ever before!

Here are my ideas so far on how to improve the event (this was discussed after the last event was well, so thanks to everyone who helped shape these thoughts):
*Turning it into a 3-part event that goes on for hours. Only 1st place gets an actual physical object as a reward while the others get gold membership.

The 3-part event where you team up with two other players would consist of the following:

The elevator shaft (where you have to jump up on the objects to get to the top
This will be pretty much the same one as before except for a few modifications. If you miss a jump or get hit by a melon, your character will scream and fall down.

The winner of this part of the event will get a UNIQUE t-shirt with a modified version of the following image: [hs width=400]https://gmservers.co.uk/event/motd.png[/hs]

The stunstick arena (no grenades) where the objective is to be the king of the hill for as long as possible.
If you are with a stunstick, your character screams and you are ragdolled. Others can then do as they wish with you (however, the king of the hill usually throws the person into the wheels of doom). The wheels of doom are carousel wheels at the top of the king of the hill arena. If you fall in, you get ragdolled and spazz quite a bit whilst every body in your body gets broken (very funny to watch).

The winner of this part of the event will get a UNIQUE t-shirt.

Ragdoll racing
The players who sign up to be the ragdoll for their team get extra hp to make sure they do not die. Each player is hit once with a stunstick so they are ragolled. Once they are ragdolled, their objective is to race other ragdolls on a little racing area that will be created (essentially, you will all be crawling on the ground).

The winner of this part of the event will get a UNIQUE t-shirt.

Important
Each team has to select a team member who should partake in one of the events. You may however partake in the fun if you have already completed an event; but you can not win more than one prize. So if you already have a team mate who is playing ragdoll racing; you can partake in it too; but you won't win a prize for it.

Additional prizes
If you end up on 1st, 2nd or 3rd place; your team gets points accordingly. The team with the maximum amount of points get a little package with various games that are donated to the contest.

Donated thus far
The Ship & The Ship Single-Player(King Worm)

What's your take on this idea?
It helps promote the webshop too :)

Sodar

VIP
Got a copy of The Ship (believe it was Nephilim that gifted me a 2-pack) that I got no use for, afaik its like murder... or Clue or something similar, in any case you can add it to the games prize pot :D

Edit #1:

its a pack that includes The Ship and The Ship Single Player

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
King Worm said:
Got a copy of The Ship (believe it was Nephilim that gifted me a 2-pack) that I got no use for, afaik its like murder... or Clue or something similar, in any case you can add it to the games prize pot :D

Edit #1:

Many thanks! :D
I'll add it to the OP!

Nephilim

VIP
King Worm said:

Edit #1:

haha yeah I accidentally got a 4 pack xD

Daylight

Nephilim said:
King Worm said:

Edit #1:

haha yeah I accidentally got a 4 pack xD
It gives you a four pack for free as it is such an old game.

And this looks great I can't wait, can you enter all of them of is it only one?

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
So. Does anyone else have any ideas about the event or does it all sound good? Suggest some times + dates for the event and i'll post a poll with them :)

Coke

How about next Saturday? 29/3/14?
At GMT 2000?

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Works for me. Except i'd like to have it a bit sooner so I can stream throughout the entire event.
Is everyone else up for it?
Will add a poll :)

Sodar

VIP
I am going away this saturday so unless its moved to Friday, around the same times as suggested for Saturday, I wont be able to make it to the event :I

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Couldn't post this ad yesterday due to a family emergency (all is fine now though).

"Are you prepared for the Rise of the melons event tonight at 7PM GMT? Team up with two friends and see if you can face our challenges!

ROTM will be on event.gmservers.co.uk in just a few hours. Partake to have a chance of winning a unique GM t-shirt that you can help design!"

LightInDark

HunnehBunneh's Husby
VIP
Website
www.gm-host.co.uk
Re: Rise of the melons - March: Event info (subject to change)

It still failed. He started it way too early, it should have started 20 mins ago if it was GMT but he started it way before.

So I came on at 7 and its pretty much probably gonna end soon

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
BrokerageAdvice/Duncan said:
sonic got 3rd in the ragdoll
and i got in 1st with the ROTM

Wich team won?
Sandbox, Solid and Freak need to get together and run the numbers on this one. I don't have the results. But the 1st prizes were for each contest and not for the team win. So the 1st prize winners were you, hunnehbunneh and someone else (racing). You will all get the t-shirts :D

Schnuupi said:
It still failed. He started it way too early, it should have started 20 mins ago if it was GMT but he started it way before.

So I came on at 7 and its pretty much probably gonna end soon
Yeah, there was some confusion on my end about the time and I thought it was 7 when we started; and that we were actually even delayed. Nobody really questioned that the event had started early until way after it had already started. It was advertised that it would be 7PM GMT but obviously there was confusion amongst others as well.

It just because rushed because I didn't have enough time to plan it, but at the same time didn't want to cancel it because a lot of people were looking forward to it. I can't stream past 9PM GMT due to the neighbours so I would have been forced to cut it short either way if we didn't start this early.

I got called off to an emergency yesterday concerning my cousin. He was quite ill and didn't feel comfortable being home alone. Even though I really didn't feel like going and felt like I would probably not be able to plan everything in advance as I wanted; I couldn't just ignore it. So I went, and the event went unplanned until the last moment which I take full responsbility for. We all make mistakes.

My suggestion for the next time is that we have the 3 events at separate times (stunstick arena for 40 minutes, ragdoll racing for 40 and ROTM for a few hours) during the same day to prevent the obscene amount of lag we had today. Had I not gone to my cousin yesterday, I would've tested it in advance and would've discovered that we had to do it this way. Instead, we had the lag issues. We won't have them next time.

We also need to plan ahead at least a week to make sure that everything is ready. I didn't have enough people to help me out now. People mainly wanted to play the game, and always asked me for help; causing me to have to abort the gameplay to assist them numerous times. So I need more help from you guys the next time as well, because it just became pretty overwhelming for me to handle it all on my own.

The judges did a great job on their end, so i'm thankful for their assistance.

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Zigatron said:
cough cough the team mates of the winners should get a t-shirt aswell cough.....plz haha
Sorry man, wish I could. But just handing these out costs 60-70 USD out of my own pocket :p