Quickly, grab onto my Brococli and let's go on a magical adventure!

Congratulations on finding your new home with Brococli Mode. Most of the content here is locked behind registration. But have no fear, you can sign up/in using your Discord and Steam accounts!

What are your favorite weapons?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Hey there everyone!
Just wanted to check what all of your favorite weapons are in DayZ.

I love the sniper rifle but much prefer the Bizon and the M9 SD. Mostly because they are both silenced but also because the Bizon has 64 bullets per clip. It's excellent against zombies! I currently have an M24 and a silenced M9 and TONS of ammo. Still looking for the Bizon again. The last time I found it was at a helicopter crash-site.

Davidster

I only have the MP5 and a G17, I love the MP5 but I've not had a chance to use a sniper rifle of any kind yet

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
I Eat Chich said:
I only have the MP5 and a G17, I love the MP5 but I've not had a chance to use a sniper rifle of any kind yet
I keep finding ammo for those all the time xD Are they by any chance silenced?
I love silenced weapons in DayZ. In general actually :)

Aapio

Myrrdin said:
J?wbox said:
M24. 1 hit kills and semi auto - 20 mag clip, yes please
Don't you mean the DMR? :p
DMR is not in fact 1 hit kill, however that is why it is my Favourite sniper rifle, Due to it's quick knock-out capability, it's easy to subdue an attacker and not kill them if you don't want another death on your hands. Makes for better RP if you knock someone out then hold them up.
I prefer this with the M9SD, mixed with a nice M14 in my backpack, or a M4A1 Camo SD if possible.

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com

Grimmals

VIP
Website
gmservers.co.uk
Myrrdin said:
J?wbox said:
Myrrdin said:
I googled it a bit just now and found this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/76426-dmr-one-shot/

So maybe it only kills when you are close enough? Unless you hit the person in the chest or head that is.

They could of course be wrong.

I've shot 3 people in a row all in the chest, instant death.
Really? From what distance? Maybe it has been updated then.

Just under 530m if I remember correctly.

Aapio

I can see how you can think it would be Insta-kill, as it's 8K dmg, and most people are down to about 9K when you leave a city anyway just from zombies, However the DMR Is a usual instant knockout, as it takes 2 body shots to kill, making it ideal for subdueing.

Grimmals

VIP
Website
gmservers.co.uk
Aapio said:
I can see how you can think it would be Insta-kill, as it's 8K dmg, and most people are down to about 9K when you leave a city anyway just from zombies, However the DMR Is a usual instant knockout, as it takes 2 body shots to kill, making it ideal for subdueing.
For the last time, i've shot 3 people in a row all instant kill with the DMR.

Aapio

I believe you, the fact i am debating is the DMR is not a one shot chest hit insta kill to people on full blood

You may have headshotted those people
You may have shot them when they wern't on full blood

Fact of the matter is, the DMR is not a pure insta-kill weapon like the AS50 and the M107, thats what im saying.

Grimmals

VIP
Website
gmservers.co.uk
Aapio said:
I believe you, the fact i am debating is the DMR is not a one shot chest hit insta kill to people on full blood

You may have headshotted those people
You may have shot them when they wern't on full blood

Fact of the matter is, the DMR is not a pure insta-kill weapon like the AS50 and the M107, thats what im saying.
Fairly sure the AS50 was removed. Also there were all chest shots.

Aapio

Fairly sure the AS50 was removed. Also there were all chest shots.
[/quote]

The AS50 is still in the loot table, it's just as rare as it always was, only spawning at rare heli crash sites.
The AS50 TWS was however removed in i think the 1.5 update, but some still linger(mainly hackers)
The L85 was removed if thats what you were thinking about? Its Thermal scope was just too OP.

Alan

My personal favorite is the G36, incredibly rare but packs unparalleled punch and has a great sound effect. For the sniper rifles, I prefer the SVD Camo.