Quickly, grab onto my Brococli and let's go on a magical adventure!

Congratulations on finding your new home with Brococli Mode. Most of the content here is locked behind registration. But have no fear, you can sign up/in using your Discord and Steam accounts!

Tournament Idea for PH

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBooman

A enigma as vexing as life itself
VIP
While playing PH i had an idea for a contest!

Prop Hunt taunt creation contest
Baically you create a taunt and see if you win
RULES:
1 taunt per entry
MUST BE ORIGINAL! as in recorded by YOU.

if a tie the 2 winners will suggest another taunt
the winner is the best taunt per contest

HOW TO WIN: basically create a funny taunt you'd like to see on the server

PRIZES(Subject to change)
1st: Taunt goes in the game and on the f4 menu, 2nd: taunt goes into the game
3rd: pat on the back

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Creating a taunt is not really challenging and the prizes that are suggested are a bit on the big side because of that. A custom cup is not free of charge for us, after all. And with so many people already suggesting taunts; I see no reason to reward people suggesting further stuff. What we could do instead is just encourage people to make their own and post them in the taunts suggestion thread.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
i kinda like the idea..... kinda. i think the prizes are not that big either....maybe not give a mug or anything.... but having a vip rank or something is really only for bragging rights anyway.

TheBooman

VIP
Well everything is subject to change on you guy's opinion so the prizes will change. anything else?

GuitarGuy57

GuitarGuy's the name, guitar and gaming's the game
VIP
Idk exactly how often we update the taunts, but this seems like a good way of consistently adding new ones. Like instead of doing the big updates with like 30 new taunts and stuff every so often, Have it be a monthly contest and use the "I agree/thumbs up" ranking of the post to judge the 3 or so most popular taunts suggested that month. Then add them to the server, grant the winners the VIP bragging rights thing for that month, and repeat.

TheBooman

VIP
see? someone has got it! Play your golden guitar louder so everyone can hear!

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
But when will it be enough though?
We already have 150+ taunts.

Maybe we can make more of them available on the F4 menu though.

We have to find a balance between the amount of taunts and the amount of data a person has to download when they join the server.

GuitarGuy57

VIP
We could rotate them in and out of the game once they're on the list. Have a newset of taunts each time, including the 3 winners, and ranomly pick some from what we already have. then the next time the contest is selected, radnomly pick another set and include the winners from that set. Just throwing out ideas here :p

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
Myrr, if you can either give me access to the section where the taunts are, or send me a list or something, i can then create a list of ALL the taunts and perhaps host them somewhere to create a preview link player or something. from there we could all as a community vote on all the taunts. at this point we would have a "what is liked most" and a "what is liked least" and then when it comes to adding new taunts, we could do a little at a time and just cycle out the lesser liked taunts and add cycle the new ones onto the F4 menu. Because having a ton of taunts is awesome. we all know this. But adding new ones, or in the least, cycling taunts through the F4 menu in maybe a monthly basis is something players can actually see, thus making it seem that much more awesome to them

as for the "tournament"

i think this will just help get some community participation and if players know they may be able to have their own taunt added to the list, then it may also create more traffic to the forums since this is where they would need to post it.

In the end, it would be a nice public thing thats easy to accomplish and gives everyone something to do. you know?

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
[GM] Legion said:
Myrr, if you can either give me access to the section where the taunts are, or send me a list or something, i can then create a list of ALL the taunts and perhaps host them somewhere to create a preview link player or something. from there we could all as a community vote on all the taunts. at this point we would have a "what is liked most" and a "what is liked least" and then when it comes to adding new taunts, we could do a little at a time and just cycle out the lesser liked taunts and add cycle the new ones onto the F4 menu. Because having a ton of taunts is awesome. we all know this. But adding new ones, or in the least, cycling taunts through the F4 menu in maybe a monthly basis is something players can actually see, thus making it seem that much more awesome to them

as for the "tournament"

i think this will just help get some community participation and if players know they may be able to have their own taunt added to the list, then it may also create more traffic to the forums since this is where they would need to post it.

In the end, it would be a nice public thing thats easy to accomplish and gives everyone something to do. you know?
You can download the taunts from workshop (the addon is called [GM]Prop hunt content) and then extract them using GmadconvGUI. Very easy process :)

Cycling the taunts will be a lot of work though because I have to manually add and remove the rows in the LUA every single time we need to do it.

If someone else wants to sign up for the job then i'm more than happy to delegate the task; because doing it on my own will take up too much of my time that needs to be spent on your requests.

GuitarGuy57

VIP
Myrrdin said:
If someone else wants to sign up for the job then i'm more than happy to delegate the task; because doing it on my own will take up too much of my time that needs to be spent on your requests.
I'm not sure how hard it is to do so, but I'd be at least willing to learn :)

Myrrdin

Founder
Staff Member
Website
gerbilmountain.com
GuitarGuy57 said:
Myrrdin said:
I'm not sure how hard it is to do so, but I'd be at least willing to learn :)
Well, now that I think of it; it all just involves a lot of copy pasting. Because the taunts that we have will still remain on the download list so we won't have to worry about that.

We should however only have votes for the taunts that we have on the F4 menu. Otherwise it will be almost impossible to manage.
On the F4 menu; each taunt has a line stating what sound and material path it has + the duration of it. To cycle them, i'd need to make the list available to you and you can replace all of the taunts in the list with the ones in the new cycle and i'll just add it to the code and voilá, done.

I'll send you the entire list to begin with so you just have to copy and paste. It's not hard work per say but it's time consuming.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
i agree on only for the F4 menu. Once i get the list and create the entire section dedicated to providing names and previews.... bit of work there.... we can also use that format to help determine what should be on the F4 menu as i highly doubt many have heard or remember them all as well. So this little project will open a couple doors in that respect.

GuitarGuy57

VIP
So then were just gonna change up the f4 menu a bit every month or so, with a couple new ones basically?

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
thats what i am thinking, while at the same time, giving the average player an incentive to participate in the community aspect of choosing the taunts.

GuitarGuy57

VIP
So let's see if I got this right. We're going to be updating the f4 menu on a TBD interval, each time wit the most popular taunts of that interval, plus a couple popular newly suggested ones, along with trashing a couple of old taunts that no one likes anymore? Also, I shall be the one who has to add in the specifications to be able to play these new/updated taunts, while Myrr finalizes them and Legion creates a master list to vote on?

Status
Not open for further replies.