Quickly, grab onto my Brococli and let's go on a magical adventure!

Congratulations on finding your new home with Brococli Mode. Most of the content here is locked behind registration. But have no fear, you can sign up/in using your Discord and Steam accounts!

Proposed - Removal of Senior admins

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
I was thinking....why do we have senior admins? Why do we not just have a group of senior staff that are admins, but have specific jobs?

Like what we have now is

Seeing - Inquisitor
PotatOS - Resource Manager

then we have a couple senior admins that are just.....there. They have no real purpose in life other than to be able to say they are senior admins.

I think we should assign each "senior admin" a certain job or position and that would be their primary focus.

We also currently have some seniors who are just not active. I like them, they are nice guys, but i think we may need to see about removing them from seniors until they can become more active. This team just doesnt work well when you have so many that are not active.

We could add the following jobs...

Head Admin Trainer
HR Manager

and i will think of more....powers out at school.....need to focus on that

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Wow, mindreader!
I was thinking about the inactivity today and was going to bring it up to everyone about perhaps kicking some seniors off the team (or at least demoting them). Being inactive for so long just doesn't work, no matter the reason.

TBH though, we will eventually run out of "jobs" to give them but may still need senior admins in the sense that they are sort of big brothers/sisters to the other administrators; can handle permissions etc.

Not sure if we should remove the entire role; but we should try to get every single senior to work on at least one project.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
you can always have enough jobs honestly.....and really, we shouldnt have too many anyway. BUT we could have things more specialized, and "promote" people to even a "mentor" job kinda thing

Coke

Yeah, I agree with this proposition. The idea of senior administrators is nice in theory, but as you said, the role is basically a glorified admin. I have made several posts about this in the past, about how the senior admin role doesn't really do much except give a few people a glossy title. Seeing as how Sand and I are really the only active seniors left at the moment, I would like if the group was abolished all together. The idea of a senior admin, again, is one that looks good, but it will never work outside of being just an admin. Like communism. (lol I know it was irrelevant I just had to say it).

With that being said, I would like to take on the role of the HR manager (if it even exists yet), because I do want to do more for [GM] besides be a glorified admin. I am going to have a lot more time available for the next while, so I would like to contribute more.

GET THAT POWER BACK ON SLENDY!
The Electric Company season 1 opening titles

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
pretty much the whole town, and the next town are out of power right now. no one has an answer of why yet.

I think taking on the HR position for you might not be a bad idea actually, as long as you can justify the time for it.

As of right now the position does not exist. I have been thinking over what all the job should entail. I have the basic idea, down, but it really needs to get written down and outlined i think. Same with any other jobs we potentially replace senior admins with.

Coke

An outline for the position would be beneficial.

Depending on how the work load is for you guys, I would be more than happy to help pick up any slack.

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
I think that most don't see Seniors as "glorified admins" but someone to look up to (at least in my experience). As along as we have some roles that would entail something like that, i'm absolutely fine with scrapping the senior admin rank altogether :)

SandboxPirate

VIP
I think its a fine idea :) But i donno if we should have like a Head Trainer admin cuz i we all ready have Ted in charge of that and got things under control there. So maybe he should just continue administrating that? I would very much like to help out more in the community somehow. But in the work I do I don't really have the time to get on and do anything in working hours as some of you can :) But I'm sure up for the task ^^

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
there is talk about the possibility of promoting ted eventually....we will see in the future for that.

those were just two that i came up with on the top of my head and then the power for the town and the next town over went out.

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Just off the top of my head; maybe we could create a new rank called Project Manager. Each person with the rank would be assigned a project (such as the mentorship program) and would be in the senior staff.

Or we could of course come up with unique ranks for each project.

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
[GM] Evil PotatOS said:
the problem with a project manager, what happens when the project is done?
Well i'd think that the person in question takes on a different project. Or we could simply assign the rank to people who have a long-term project (perhaps even permanent) that they are assigned to.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
that......i dunno. "project manager".... seems way too generic and seems simply like a reskin of the senior admin name. nothing more.

i was trying to get us to make mor especialized jobs opposed to generic ones like we have now, and having "project manager"s wouldnt really solve anything

DaddyBlues

VIP
We could have the project managers idea, and we could put people in charge of the aspects of GM. Such as the youtube, facebook, Skype group, Admin Mentoring (probably are some more i have missed). All these parts could have a job manager, or a similar name. Its like the HR name, but more specified i guess.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
SeeingTheBlues said:
We could have the project managers idea, and we could put people in charge of the aspects of GM. Such as the youtube, facebook, Skype group, Admin Mentoring (probably are some more i have missed). All these parts could have a job manager, or a similar name. Its like the HR name, but more specified i guess.
facebook and skype are not NEARLY important or big enough to justify a job title or senior status imo

DaddyBlues

VIP
[GM] Evil PotatOS said:
SeeingTheBlues said:
facebook and skype are not NEARLY important or big enough to justify a job title or senior status imo
Fair enough, just throwing some ideas around! Perhaps we put all the media parts into one job title, and include more if we need to?

Coke

Okay. We are down to two members now, with a third who knows where in the UK.

I think this is the best time to make a move.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
same here. i forsaw some of this happening, either resignations or demotions, which is why i posted this now.

So we need to determine what jobs we want to have. We know we want an HR Manager

So what other jobs that would be senior admin worthy should we have. I know one of the current seniors inquired about the HR Manager... So i believe we should see if the last senior admin has any suggestions. I mean, half of us made our own jobs as it is, lol

Myrrdin

Founder
Website
gerbilmountain.com
Sent you a PM just now about Kappa. He has not been on for 2 months (nearly) and does not respond on steam. It shows that he does have some form of internet access (otherwise he would not have been able to access steam) and not being available for 2 months due to "Internet issues" does not really sound realistic to me.

I vote we boot em'.