Quickly, grab onto my Brococli and let's go on a magical adventure!

Congratulations on finding your new home with Brococli Mode. Most of the content here is locked behind registration. But have no fear, you can sign up/in using your Discord and Steam accounts!

Minecraft event

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DamnedBunny

Senior Staff
i thought about something fun for minecraft, cause we need something there ;)

idea: players are sent to an arena made out of obsidian with iron armor and an iron sword, once they are inside someone releases invisible creepers (all you can see is little bubbles that are hard to notice) and the players inside the arena must survive as long as possible.
(nother way to do this is to drop the creepers from above, kind of surprising the players.

i have no specific date when to keep this, at least when the server has been public for a while.

i have tested a technique how to make creepers invisible and it works quite well but i am really bad with redstone that i need someone to help me out with it or even improve it.

Edit: if we cannot get anyone who knows about redstone stuff to deal with atleast the pistons, i need to figure out an alternative. this is not RP friendly unfortunately, but it can be figured out how to make it so.

TheBooman

A enigma as vexing as life itself
VIP
I like it, if you can get someone from the Minecraft team to help you build and set it up, we can do it within the next 3 months.

Keep me updated :3

DamnedBunny

Senior Staff
it could work as an, opening event for anyone to join in ^^ [member=363]HunnehBunneh[/member] what do you think? any idea do we have anyone who can do redstone stuff? :)

Chocobeau

VIP
I'm assuming V-man knows redstone stuff, If not i"ll try scouting around for some of my own friends (i got some, who can do redstone stuff) Seems like a fun event, will be a great opener to the MC server when it's done. :) Pretty sure Sinister knows some stuff about redstone too.

DamnedBunny

Senior Staff
i asked V-man already :D he is no better than i am. he said it himself. ahaha. i asked KnowingNothing and he knows how to do some. im not sure how much. will ask him a better kind of description. ^^

Edit: knowingnothing knows the basics.

KnowingNothing

VIP
This seems like a fun thing to do.

My knowledge around redstone isnt great, i know how to do basic hidden doorways and traps. Dont know what will be needed around the arena, but i will help with what i can.

Also, if im not wrong, i think Sinister knows more advanced stuff with redstone, suggest you check with him aswell.

TheBooman

A enigma as vexing as life itself
VIP
Well bunny, I think this will be your first event that you're planning, help build AND play in

Zigatron

why be moody when u can shake dat booty
VIP
Website
corgiorgy.com
I'm pretty good with redstone, it's usually all I do when i play, just need to get on the server first >.<

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
i am decent enough with redstone, and this might be obtainable using the mob arena plugin.

I could create the desired mob arena, using the plugin have a custom group having the desired equipment.

The only issue is making the mobs invisible without effecting all areas. The drop from above may be more plausible, but at the same time i can set spawn points where ever i want which can make them appear out of nowhere. the plugin will also prevent creeper block damage. i can set it i think to only spawn creepers. This does seem like something worth looking into

KnowingNothing

VIP
I was thinking about the invis.
Im quite sure its possible to make dispensers pop out invis potions onto the creepers while they are inside a room or something. 8 min invis on them should be enough for anyone to either die or kill them.

Sodar

Am I too late to the "I'm good with redstone" party? I'm fairly good with it myself, I made a code-lock for the desert-dungeon we had on the previous server! :D

Chocobeau

VIP
You're not late at all :p if by anything a small team who know redstone might be able to help eachother out. xD

Sodar

HunnehBunneh said:
You're not late at all :p if by anything a small team who know redstone might be able to help eachother out. xD
Good, because I got an idea for what could be done to spawn waves of creepers! :D

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
i think the whole mob arena thing will be the way to go honestly. It will work and I did confirm that I can configure what mobs spawn and when. So, I can make only creepers spawn.

As for making them invisible.... this is a tough one. This means that arena MUST be on its own map to prevent them being invisible everywhere else. As for actually making them invisible, I have no clue as to how to do that as their skin is controlled client side. There is no way that I am aware of to force them invisible.

I can however make a lot of them spawn at a time, and make the arena very dark. I could then add a command block system that throws splash night vision potions (in theory) in the spectator area.

Legion

Website
www.aggressivegaming.org
in the right hands, just about anything is possible. I can make a test arena, but if someone knows a way in general to make creepers invisible, let me know.